Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Blue and White Flashing Minnows Quilt

Hi Everyone,

Here it is, finally finished! Wow, this quilt was in the making for quite a long time. I started it in June of 2010. It was to be a wedding present for a August 2010 wedding, LOL. What was I thinking. Granted, when I realized it was not going to be in time, I only worked on it on and off. But still, my sense of time is seriously off.

Anyway, this is a pattern I've wanted to make for quite some time. My original thought was red and white but when I think of a wedding quilt, unless I know the people's colors, I always think blue and white. I tried to quilt the quilt according to the name of the quilt. The feather wreaths are in a swirl, like a beautiful piece of seaweed floating in the water with echoing around it like ripples. The diamonds are crosshatched like a net and the blue stars are done with pebbles or as I began to refer to them, bubbles. There were days when I couldn't face another star. They seemed to take forever. I made myself finish the stars over the holidays. I was determined not to unload the quilt until it was finished. It was awesome to get it done.

I used Quilters Dream Batting and Superior's So-Fine and Bottom Line Thread in blue and white, and it measures 94x97.

Enough talking, here's the quilt.








And last but certainly not least, here is a mini.



Thanks for looking and happy quilting.

K

No comments: